Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sweet and Savory Pancakes

To satisfy my family's sweet tooth and my salt tooth, I made two types of pancakes this morning. Wait-- I know what you're thinking: "I ain't no short order cook!"-- me neither (although my dream is to someday work the flat-top at a diner), but I was able to easily customize our pancakes with stuff I already had laying around.

For my sweeties, I chopped up some strawberries and sprinkled them, along with some chocolate chips, right on half of the pancakes. To make sure I got an adequate fix of salt and pork fat before church, I crumbled up some leftover bacon and sprinkled it along with some sharp cheddar on my cakes. I put in the goodies after I poured the batter on the griddle (rather than mixing it in the batter), so I could easily control how many of each I made.

They were so good that The Girl Who Barely Eats ate three, and her Very Picky About Pancakes father ate a whole stack. Everybody was happy and well-nourished in time for church-- mission accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. wow...move over Julie and smittenkitchen gal!! I am one impressed nana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ask your Mom - I got yours beat...

    Uncle J

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?