Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mmmm, mmmmm, ribs


I'm so proud of myself for conquering ribs-- I've always been intimidated by them, but my fear is gone thanks to this easy and delicious recipe.

Ingredients:
4 lbs of baby back ribs (figure about 1 lb for each person)
1 onion, coarsely chopped
5 cloves of garlic
2 t salt
1 t peppercorns

Your favorite barbecue or teryaki sauce

Directions:

Place the ribs in a big pot and fill with water. Add the onion, coarsely chopped, the whole, unpeeled garlic cloves, salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Simmer uncovered for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, until tender. You will know!

Remove the ribs from the pot and place on a baking sheet. Baste generously with the sauce of your choosing (I used Stubbs Teryaki Marinade and will definitely use it again). Heat on the grill for 10-15 minutes and serve to people you really like.

1 comment:

  1. OH yeah ! I got to have these and I can't wait
    to have them again !!!
    uncle J

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?